Thursday, March 20, 2014

Now that the weather is warming up, it's clearly a great time to finish my first pair of Muk Luks.

I love mukluks.  I love them.  Love.  But, I've always shied away from knitting them b/c that's a lot of knitting.  I mean, I have to knit everything TWICE.  I usually get bored after the first one.  That's why I don't knit socks, gloves, or leg warmers.  Well, I do knit leg warmers b/c my feet and legs are always cold.  Oh also, I'm too cheap to buy someone else's pattern.  So when I found this free pattern for Mini Muk Luks, I jumped on it!  Obviously, these are crocheted, and they aren't mini, but I'm still kind of proud.  I just need to figure out what to put on the bottom so the yarn doesn't wear out.  But truthfully, these were super easy.  And it wouldn't be that hard to replace the soles as they are crocheted on after the boot is fully constructed.  Overall, a great pattern, fast and super easy!  Granny Squares and triangles…everyone can do that!  Thanks Wind Rose Fiber Studio!




     

No comments:

Post a Comment